Friday, August 31, 2007

Althea...........


Start the coffee first thing in the morning
I wake up quickly without a warning
My little Althea sleeps a bump on a log
She always wakes up her head in a fog
There are so many things still left to do
Combing her hair while singing her song.

And even when you most annoy,
I can't help smiling at your nerve;
As if the impudence you serve
Adds sweetness to my dish of joy.

For now she can’t understand why me and her mom
Didn’t work out…..
I know at times, she feels all alone in the house
But for my daughter, I'll always be there
I’ll comfort her with… "I'm going nowhere."
Before bed she asks for time to cuddle
When in my arms her life's not a muddle
This isn't the life we had in our dreams
What ever will happen to us it seems
There'll never be a day where I feel sad
Whenever I hear the words, "I love you, Papa."

No comments:

COUNTDOWN.......