Tuesday, August 28, 2007

for my daughter... Althea Renee

From the first time the doctor placed you in my arms....
I knew i'd meet death before i'd let you meet harm...
Although question arose in my mind, would i be man enough?
Against wrong ,choose right and be standing up.
From the hospital that first night
Took an hour just to get the carseat in right...
People drivin' so fast got me kinna upset
Got you home safe, place you in your bassinette.
That night i dont think one wink i slept
As I slipped out my bed, to your crib i crept
touched your head gently, felt my heart melt
Cause I know i love you more that life itself
Then to my knees, and beg the Lord please...
let me be a good daddy , all she needs
LOVE, KNOWLEDGE, DISIPLINE
I pledge my life to you.
Just the two of us, we can make it if we try
Just the two of us, building castle in the sky
Just the two of us you and I

7 years old, bringin' comedy
Everytime i look at you i think an opposite little me
just like me....
wait and see gonna be tall....
Makes me laugh cause you got your dad's ears and all
Sometimes i wonder, what you gonna be
A Singer, a Doctor, maybe an MC
I wanna kiss you all the time
But i will test that butt when you cut outta line.
I'll try to be tough dad, but your making me laugh
Crazy joy, when i see the eyes of my baby girl
I pledge to you, i will always do
Everything i can..
Show you how to be a good woman
DIGNITY, INTEGRITY, HONOR
and i dont mind if you lose, as long as you came with it
and you can cry aint no shame with it....
It didn't work out with me and your mom
But push comes to shove
You was conceived in love
So if the world attacks and you slide off the track
Remember one fact....
I got your back.
It's a full-time job to be a good dad
You got so much stuff than i had..
I gotta study just to keep with the changin times
Pokemon on your dvd room
see I’m just tryin' to pretend i know
But Althea, aint nothing promised..
One day I’ll be gone...
Feel the strife, but trust...
Life does go wrong.
But just in case, it's my place to impart....
One day some guy's gonna break your heart
and ain't no pain like from the opposite sex
gonna hurt bad, but don’t take it on the next.
Throughout life people will make you mad
Disrespect you and treat you bad...
Let God deals with the things they do
coz hate in your heart will consume you too.
Always tell the truth, say your prayers..
hold doors, pull out chairs, take it easy on the swears.
You're the living proof that dreams come true..
I LOVE YOU AND I'M HERE FOR YOU.







COUNTDOWN.......